Monday, May 25, 2009

Tribute to Mothers (Happy mother's Day)

I remember playing "house" when I was a child. Diane always wanted to be the "baby" and I played the "mom." It's so hard to believe I have a real baby of my own now, and it is nothing like I imagined. I'm not talking about all the challenging aspects like lack of sleep and time for myself. I mean the overwhelming joy I feel now that he's in my life.

One of my first thoughts when he arrived was how amazing it was that I could love someone so much in so little time. All of a sudden this ridiculous over-protectiveness takes over me and then I think of my own mother...

It's like something out of our control. I know we all joke about how overboard mothers can be, but I have to say that I now understand it. This baby is born completely dependent on you and that is a whole lot of responsibility laid on our shoulders. One that I completely accept, thankfully and joyfully.

My first Mother's Day was so special. I had the presence of my family: mom, dad, sister Diane here in Arizona, along with my mother and father in law. Jasper and his dad prepared a tribute to us that was really heartwarming.

Jasper took this opportunity to reflect on his relationship with his mother and prepared and presented a tribute to his mother.



Here is a video of Jasper reading his Mother's day letter to me...



Jasper's poetry skills impressed me! He was a very brave daddy to do this in front of all of us, I was honored!!

After a few tears and hugs, we all made our way over to Mimi's Cafe to celebrate the special moms in our lives. It was a great night of honoring moms.

Here are a few pictures from Mimi's Cafe that night:


Group Picture : the Mother's being honor
(From left to right: Grandma Portia, Aunty Nancy, Grandma Azun, Grandma Lety and last, but not least, Me Mommy Debby)

Jasper's GQ smile and Debby.



Here I am with my Dad, Carlito hold JP.

No comments: