Friday, February 27, 2009

Lil JP is already on my nerves..Literally.



So, I have to brag that I am not much of a waddling pregnant woman. I have been doing my best to walk as normal as possible.

Not that there is anything wrong with it, but I do try to make a conscious effort to walk up straight.

Everyday at work, I have to walk from my classroom to the restroom about 8 to 10 times a day. Which sounds like a lot, but when you factor in how FAAARR the two are from each other, I certainly get many chances to practice my pregnant walk.

Honestly, a lot of my trips to the restroom is because lil’ JP seems to favor leaning on my bladder. I guess it makes a cozy pillow, and on occasion it feels like he is using it for a punching bag. It certainly is very annoying to have to use the restroom so often during the day, especially when I am in the middle of teaching my class a lesson.

So walking upright and without a pregnant waddle has been fairly easy to accomplish. That is, until of late…

JP has been a serious pain, and getting on my nerves.

Actually, just on my Sciatic Nerve.

Now my doctor says that this is common in pregnancy and there isn't much we can do about it. I was instructed to take Tylenol to help with the pain, but I hate taking medicine unless it's absolutely necessary. I also have a great massage therapist which I have been visiting regularly, but that seems to only alleviate the pain, temporarily.

I am quite sure why my sciatic nerve hurts, and the pain does come and go. But this certainly makes it difficult to go out on weekends with Jasper. We have to plan almost everything around the baby… and he’s not even born yet.

Is JP on my badder? Will he move to relieve my need to urinate? Where is the nearest restroom, just in case. And now, with the occasional pain in leg we have to shorten our outings, and even find closer parking spots if my leg is in pain.

SO….

If you or someone you know has experienced anything similar to this and can relate in some way. I really would love to hear from you.

Do you have any remedies you can recommend? Tips? Or, even if you would just like to tell me about your experience when your baby got on your nerve.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
______________

OH…

On a separate note.

I have been receiving some calls regarding my Baby Gift Registry.
You can click HERE to go directly to it and check it out, or click on the image below…


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would love to see more of those latest U/S pics... I already want to hug and kiss the lil guy! Too cute!